Gucci Jackie O Heritage



The Gucci July 16, 2011 presents the exhibition “Jackie Special Displays” with a private cocktail party in his boutique in Capri. In honor of the 90th anniversary Gucci, for this exclusive event celebrating one of the most iconic accessories brand, Jackie. Backbone of the bag Gucci archives, Jackie occupies a very special place in the history of fashion house.

First created in the 1950s, the model became the favorite accessory Jacqueline Onassis, photographed many times, during the 1960s, with several versions of this bag to the arm. The former First Lady of the United States was so attached to this model that the bag was soon nicknamed “Jackie”.

While retracing the history and evolution, the exhibition features vintage models from the Gucci archives and historic photographs of celebrities with the iconic purse. A video shows the craftsmanship and meticulous attention to detail that characterise the production of each bag. In addition to relive the history of this classic Gucci through the exhibition, customers will have the opportunity to purchase a variety of bags of Jackie Bouvier and series of previous collections Spring/Summer 2009.


Handbag History: The Jackie was originally called the 'Constance' but was re-named in honour of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, wife of US President John F Kennedy after she was photographed several times wearing the bag while working as a consulting editor at publishing firm Doubleday. A fashion icon of her time, Jacqueline Onassis was considered one of the best dressed First Ladies, so it is no surprise that her love of the bag led to its huge success.

I am absolutely obsessed with this bag from the first time I saw it. And I am so happy to find the very great heritage of Gucci Jackie O and Bouvier. Gucci Bouvier is a similar model to Jackie O bag. Bouvier is the madden name of Jacqueline Kennedy-Onassis.

Now I am so happy to show you some models of this historic bag from '50ies till 2011.


Gucci Jackie 2011



Gucci Bouvier 2005




Gucci New Jackie

Gucci 1921- Gucci New Jackie


Gucci New Jackie 2009

Gucci New Jackie 2009

Gucci New Jackie 2010



Ok, I think I post so many models of this bag, but I 've already told you that I am obsessed... And I feel so lucky because I can have a model I can carry every time of a day from early morning- work to late night- party-time!! Don't you agree... You can carry one even for a weekend trip..

Jackie O bag is one of the celebrities favourite bag. Selma Hayek, Jessica Alba, Barbra Straysand, Kelly Rutherfold, Sienna Miller, Rihanna, Camille Belle, and many many others.

OMG I can't stop writting and posting photos...

I just wanna write something and close this post for ever :D ... Some days ago I read at a forum that It wasn't gucci the bag carried by Jackie Onassis, but an Hermes Trim... And suddenly I felt so sad because it was something like destroying a legend for me... I hope it isn't true. But the truth is that Hermes Trim is a similar to Gucci Jackie bag...

If anyone knows something more I will be happy to hear from you... :)


xoxo

Comments